Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms.
- Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, …
- Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista/7.
- Brute-force module for simple passwords.
- Audit mode and CSV export.
- Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords.
- LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
- Dumps and loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition.
- Free and open source software (GPL).
Change log for Ophcrack 3.4.0:
- (feature) new lm_flash tables support
- (feature) new vista_eightxl support
- (feature) dump of the password with samdump2 on a live system to avoid code injection
- (fix) support of special characters in usernames
- (fix) bug in file output (thanks to pkasza)